This weekend I got some really meaningful wise words from a friend and I think she is completely right. You know when you know something but hearing it from a friend just makes it really hit home and makes you more motivated to work on it. I have a problem and it’s that I give triple chances to
people men who do not deserve them. Part of my Fall “shedding project” will include seriously working on this because I deserve better. Thanks M.
Random Friday afternoon things that make you smile nonstop—-the guy who you kind of dated from Rome when you studied abroad contacting you after years!! And on top of just that simple fact—-him being astonished that you are still single.
1. I made a healthy chicken noodle casserole with kale, peas, mushrooms and onion. It turned out pretty darn good! About 400 cals per decent sized serving too! (Considering posting this recipe)
2. Look what arrived at work today! Holler!
3. I’m so excited for my dinner tomorrow with some amazing ladies!
4. Also beyond excited for apple picking Sunday!
5. As I walked into work today I found out that we can have an early quit. So I am leaving at lunch suckas!
While cleaning the clutter in my office today I found a list of things I wrote called “Before 27.” Being that I forgot all about it, clearly I did not do most of them. But what the heck, why not try and start now “Before 29!” Here they are (with commentary).
- -French Lessons
- -Cooking Lessons?
- -lose 25 lbs (HA! working on it hard though now.)
- -volunteer more
- -triathlon (I am working on this one now too!)
- -Save $1000/pay off a CC (Definitely need to prioritize this one!)
- -run 5k
- -Paint more/sketch more
- -get more facials
- -Do more breast self-exams
- -floss more!
- -stretch more! :)
- -eat more veggies
- -read more
- -write/send more cards
- -blog regularly (no joke this was on the list. hah)
Off we go! I am sure I have some tumblr pals that will gladly partake in some of these with me.
So hands down Fall is my favorite season. Period. The layering of clothes, the cinnamon scented candles, the weather, pumpkins, gourds—-I dig it all.
On a deeper level, I was thinking about how Fall is a time of shedding the dead things and restarting. I mean that’s what the trees are doing all around us.
What a perfect time to be working on “improvement and empowerment.” Whether its shedding all that weight, shedding bad habits, or shedding crappy friends. It all feels fabulous.
Also, my rediscovery of the NYTimes Audible recap has changed my morning routine. I’m listening to the paper be read to me as I put on my make up. Its genius.
So many things to look forward to the next couple of months and so many things to gain.